    promise of being supported?

    thanks,
    Ian

    Ian S. Nelson, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Ian S. Nelson

    Dave Brueck Guest

    Ian S. Nelson wrote:
    > What's the current state of Python and PostgreSQL? There is PoPy,
    > PygreSQL and PsycoPG, maybe others? PygreSQL was part of the PostgreSQL
    > tree, now it's not. What's up with it?
    >
    > Then a Zope wrapper for it. ZPygresql seems to be dead. Anyone in the
    > know have any ideas on what's the best right now and has the most
    > promise of being supported?

    We use PyscoPG in several production projects and it works really well
    (both standalone and through the supplied Zope adapter). Can't speak for
    the others - we were previously using Oracle - but when we began using
    PostgreSQL, the PyscoPG project seemed the most "alive".

    -Dave
    Dave Brueck, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Ian S. Nelson

    Lee Harr Guest

    On 2004-07-26, Dave Brueck <> wrote:
    > Ian S. Nelson wrote:
    >> What's the current state of Python and PostgreSQL? There is PoPy,
    >> PygreSQL and PsycoPG, maybe others? PygreSQL was part of the PostgreSQL
    >> tree, now it's not. What's up with it?
    >>
    >> Then a Zope wrapper for it. ZPygresql seems to be dead. Anyone in the
    >> know have any ideas on what's the best right now and has the most
    >> promise of being supported?

    psycopg works well. The only problem I have with it is that it does
    not use the standard python datetime type dates, but when I searched
    their mailing list the other day this was already being addressed.
    Lee Harr, Jul 27, 2004