posting a form to email

Linda

I've created a simple form for a conf registration, that successfully
validates the form. But then in testing, when you try to submit,
Outlook Express comes up automatically, instead of my own email. And
the content of the form doesn't appear in the body of that Outlook
Express email, either. How do I make it use the correct email? I'm a
newbie, and no one here in my office knows forms but me!

Here's part of the validating (to shorten for ya), and the beginning
of the form. What am I missing? What can I do to solve this problem?

function checkState() {
var complete = true
var state = document.request.state.value;
if ((state == "") || (state == null)) {
alert("Please enter your State.");
document.request.state.focus();
document.request.state.select();
complete = false;
}

function validateForm() {
var validForm=true;
validForm = checkFirstname() && checkLastname() && checkTitle() &&
checkDept() && checkCampus() && checkAddr() && checkCity() &&
checkState() && checkZip() && checkPhone() && checkEmail();
if (validForm){
window.status="The form is valid";
}
return validForm;
}

</script>
</head>

<h2 align="center">Plan 2008:Educational Quality Through Racial and
Ethnic Diversity</h2><br>
<h2 align = "center">Team Member Registration Form</h2>
<h3 align="left"> "Best Practices in Closing the Achievement
Gap"</h3>

<form name="request" method="post" action="mailto: (e-mail address removed)"
enctype="multipart/form-data" onSubmit=" return validateForm()">
<input type="text" name="firstname" size="25" maxlength="25"
onFocus =" window.status = 'Enter Last Name'; return true;">
<input type="text" name="lastname" size="25" maxlength="25"
onFocus =" window.status = 'Enter First Name'; return true;">

Hywel

Linda said:
I've created a simple form for a conf registration, that successfully
validates the form. But then in testing, when you try to submit,
Outlook Express comes up automatically, instead of my own email.
<form name="request" method="post" action="mailto: (e-mail address removed)"

Use a server-side form processor. "mailto:" as a form action doesn't
work. It's bag of pants.