Posting a XML file to a listener URL

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jagan, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Jagan

    Jagan Guest

    Hi all,
    I have a situation like this: A servlet Client should post a XML file
    to a listener URL, and the listener responds back with a XML file
    after the transaction.
    1. Before posting, the servlet client should establish a session with
    the server on which the listener URL is sitting and the Server will
    return a cookie with the authentication credentials to the servlet
    client.
    2. That cookie should be added to the HTTPResponse and then the
    posting of the file should happen.

    The first part is happening okay ..and i could add that cookie to the
    HTTPresponse.
    Now, did anyone successfully post a XML file to a URL like this from a servlet?
    I tried using URLConnection, but my cookie got lost and i got back a 401 error.

    Any example code please!!

    thanks a lot
    Jagan

    Jagan, Aug 8, 2003