Posting Back To A Different Web Site

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joey, Nov 11, 2008.

  1. Joey

    Joey Guest

    Hello,

    I am attempting to use one of the Donate buttons from Paypal merchant
    services. It's basically an image input control enclosed in an HTML
    form that posts back to their website. I need to be able to use it in
    an aspx webpage, and I can only place one form control on the page.
    Also, I cannot use a regular HTML page as I require the use of several
    asp.net server controls in the same webpage (and so the form must have
    a "runat=server" attribute).

    When I place the Paypal form in my page and test it locally (using
    IIS), it works as expected. However, when I upload it to my hosting
    provider, brinkster.net, it fails. Inspection of the page source shows
    that during parsing their webserver has removed the
    "action=paypal.com...." attribute and replaced it with
    "action=Donate.aspx", which is just the name of the webpage.

    It was suggested to me to handle an event and do a page redirect, but
    I don't think that will work, because that will not be the same as the
    form post that Paypal is expecting, right?

    Do you guys have any suggestions on how best to handle this?

    Joey, Nov 11, 2008