posting date to oracle problem

phil2phil

Hi,
I'm trying to post a date value into an oracle 9i database, using
classic asp, as that's the language existing app was written in, using
the following code:
to_date('"&date()&"','DD-MMM-YYYY')
that's included in the insert statement, i keep getting the following
error on the page:
[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01821: date format not recognized

any ideas? i checked the database type in the table, it's set to Date.

Thanks.