posting history -- wording of C1X sequencing

Ersek, Laszlo

Hi,

I seem to remember a member of the C1X committee make a remark (here, or
in .moderated, or in comp.std.c) to the effect of "... that's why it was
so hard to get the wording of the C1X memory model / sequencing right". I
do have a name in mind, but I'm still unable to find the message (or
perhaps exactly because I have the wrong name in mind). I searched
extensively, to no avail.

If someone (the poster himself or anyone else) shared a reference to the
message, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!
lacos

Shao Miller

Hi,

I seem to remember a member of the C1X committee make a remark (here, or
in .moderated, or in comp.std.c) to the effect of "... that's why it was
so hard to get the wording of the C1X memory model / sequencing right".
I do have a name in mind, but I'm still unable to find the message (or
perhaps exactly because I have the wrong name in mind). I searched
extensively, to no avail.

If someone (the poster himself or anyone else) shared a reference to the
message, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!

I have no idea if you mean this[1] or not.

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/comp...457acf75c5463?q=memory+model#d88457acf75c5463