Posting Large Data to Querystring

apiringmvp

I am trying to post a large amount of data from an XmlSerialized
Arraylist that is converted into a string of hex values.

When I pass it to a querystring sometimes its gets truncated.

Is there another way to hash an XmlSerialized byte array, instead of
just converting it to a string of hex values (which doubles the
length).

Maybe a checksum, something? snippets appreciated...

Thanks in advanced.

PS. the hash needs to be URL Safe.

Bruce Barker

base64 encode is better than hex. you could also use a compression routine
on the byte array, then base64 encode the compressed byte array.

there is still a 2k limit on the query string (including the base path)

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)