Posting remote forms / Getting content off the web

Casey Wilson

Hello,

I learned of Rails, and then Ruby and thought I'd much rather work with
the language itself first and not the framework.

So here I am in need of expanding a cron I have that currently updates a
few of my sites. The cron is a simple BASH script that will call the
ruby script in from a FOR loop. What I'm looking for right now is a way
to connect to the remote sites via Ruby, submit my changes to them via
POST etc.

It will require the script to log in first.

If you could point me to the right area of the docs I would be very
greatful.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to help others as they come to the forum.

Thank you for your time.

-Casey