Posting special characters in html form

Luc Feys

Hi,

I'm developing a J2EE application on a BEA weblogic 7.1 platform.
When a user posts special characters in my forms like the degree
symbol °, french or german characters with accents and umlauts (è, é,
ä), ... those characters are received at the server as 'Â' or 'Ã?'
followed by the special character that was typed. I have been
searching on newsgroups and websites to find a solution for this
problem, but haven't found one yet. Does anyone have a suggestion on
how to solve this, or where to find more information about using
extended character sets properly in html forms and web applications?

Thanks a lot.

Greets,

Luc Feys

Thomas Weidenfeller

Luc Feys said:
how to solve this, or where to find more information about using
extended character sets properly in html forms and web applications?

Use use the post method, and a form encoding type of
"multipart/form-data" instead of "application/x-www-form-urlencoded".
See RFC 2388, RFC 2045 and the HTML standard for details.

/Thomas