Posting to another page?

dave

I have a webform with many checkboxes on it. I want the
user to be able click on a button and the page be posted
to another webform so that I can capture which checkboxes
were selected.
For all other buttons on the page i want the page to be
reposted back to the same webform.

What is the best method to accomplish the above?

thx
dave

Kevin Spencer

One idea: Add the values of the checkboxes to the Context object, and use
Server.Transfer to transfer control to the second page, where you can grab
them back out of the Context.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.

diya

Can't we use request.form ? I am new to .Net.
One idea: Add the values of the checkboxes to the Context object, and use
Server.Transfer to transfer control to the second page, where you can grab
them back out of the Context.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.

.

Kevin Spencer

Can't we use request.form ? I am new to .Net.

WebForms always post back to themselves. There is therefore no way to have a
WebForm post to another WebForm.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting to the MSDN Managed newsgroups. We are acknowledging
your post and you should receive response from the community within 2
business days of your post.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Dave,

I am glad to know that you have found the work around. If you have any more
concerns, please feel free to let me know.