Posting values in between pages without user input

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Avlan, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. Avlan

    Avlan Guest

    Still new with asp, and I feel I haven't yet captured the logic of it
    completely ;-P

    I know how to post values to another asp-page through the use of a form
    and a submit-button, combined with the post or get-method. What I don't
    know is how to post those values one asp-page further through code, so
    without anyone having to press any button.

    The idea is that I have a login-page where the user enters credentials.
    These credentials are then passed on to a second asp-page.

    This second pages actually checks the credentials with values in a
    database. If not valid, the user will be redirected to another
    login-page with the warning the credentials were faulty. However, when
    valid, I want the user to be redirected to another page, but I want
    those credentials available on that page too.

    The thing I do not graps yet is how to use values/variables throughout
    a site, some sort of universal parameter that can be called from any
    asp-page within the site. Is something like that possible within asp or
    do I have to think towards a different kind of solution? ;-)

    Thanks in advance!!

    Avlan, Jan 11, 2006

  2. Avlan

    Patrice Guest

    Don't post ? You could use a session variable to keep track of this server
    side ? See the Session object in the ASP documentation....

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jan 11, 2006

  3. Avlan

    Avlan Guest

    Hm session variables, that was it. Did I mention I'm still a newb at
    ASP-coding? ;-)

    Thx

    Avlan, Jan 11, 2006
  4. Avlan