Posting values in between pages without user input

Avlan

Still new with asp, and I feel I haven't yet captured the logic of it
completely ;-P

I know how to post values to another asp-page through the use of a form
and a submit-button, combined with the post or get-method. What I don't
know is how to post those values one asp-page further through code, so
without anyone having to press any button.

The idea is that I have a login-page where the user enters credentials.
These credentials are then passed on to a second asp-page.

This second pages actually checks the credentials with values in a
database. If not valid, the user will be redirected to another
login-page with the warning the credentials were faulty. However, when
valid, I want the user to be redirected to another page, but I want
those credentials available on that page too.

The thing I do not graps yet is how to use values/variables throughout
a site, some sort of universal parameter that can be called from any
asp-page within the site. Is something like that possible within asp or
do I have to think towards a different kind of solution? ;-)

Thanks in advance!!

Patrice

Don't post ? You could use a session variable to keep track of this server
side ? See the Session object in the ASP documentation....

Avlan

Hm session variables, that was it. Did I mention I'm still a newb at
ASP-coding? ;-)

Thx