postscript and charting/graphing

Larry Martell

I need to generate some postscript files that have text, formatted
tables, and some graphs. Can anyone recommend some packages that will
facilitate this. I have started searching on CPAN, but there are over
1,300 packages that match 'postscript || charting || graphing' and I am
hoping you folks here who have already done this can recommend your
favorites. If it matters, the source data comes from a CSV file.

TIA!
-larry

DJ Stunks

Larry said:
I need to generate some postscript files that have text, formatted
tables, and some graphs. Can anyone recommend some packages that will
facilitate this. I have started searching on CPAN, but there are over
1,300 packages that match 'postscript || charting || graphing' and I am
hoping you folks here who have already done this can recommend your
favorites. If it matters, the source data comes from a CSV file.

TIA!
-larry

I have used a closed-source but free* chart package for perl called
ChartDirector. It's also available for other languages such as C,
java, etc.

I will be watching this thread for other suggestions though.

-jp

* : with conditions