[Potentially OT] Linking static and shared libraries...

barcaroller

This is not a language-specific question. I have an executable that is
supposed to link to both static and shared libraries at the same time. Most
of these libraries come in both flavours and the linker is not choosing the
right ones by default. The problem is that when I use options like
'-static' the linker will try too link all libraries as static (which I
don't want). I've tried various combinations of '-static' and '-shared' to
no avail. Does anyone know how to link an executable to both types of
libraries?

Ian Collins

barcaroller said:
This is not a language-specific question. I have an executable that is
supposed to link to both static and shared libraries at the same time. Most
of these libraries come in both flavours and the linker is not choosing the
right ones by default. The problem is that when I use options like
'-static' the linker will try too link all libraries as static (which I
don't want). I've tried various combinations of '-static' and '-shared' to
no avail. Does anyone know how to link an executable to both types of
libraries?
You were correct, this is OT, you will have to ask on a group/forum
dedicated to your tools or OS.