    Any help/ideas will be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Simon.

    Simon Harris, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Simon Harris

    Martin Clark Guest

    Simon Harris wrote...
    >Hi All,
    >
    >I have just built a content editor using ASP.Net. It works by saving HTML
    >from a form into a text file. I then include these text files in .shtml
    >files using SSI directives.
    >
    >The problem I have is pound signs - If I add one to a page, it is always
    >preceeded with  character, so I end up with: £
    >
    >Any help/ideas will be appreciated.

    The usual way of being sure to produce a pound sign in html is to use
    the character entity code £ but I wouldn't know whether that would
    work in the situation you describe.
    --
    Martin Clark

    Martin Clark, Jan 28, 2005

  3. Simon Harris

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Re: Pound sign - Prefixed with =?iso-8859-1?b?wg==?=

    Simon Harris wrote:

    > The problem I have is pound signs - If I add one to a page, it is always
    > preceeded with  character, so I end up with: £

    I've seen this before. It was also as part of an ASP content-management
    system. It's caused by the script that recieves the submitted data
    misinterpreting the charset of the data.

    Solution 1: use £.

    Solution 2: get your content management software to do a search and
    replace, replacing '£' with '£'.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jan 29, 2005
  4. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    Thanks guys - Replacing with £ worked a treat! :)

    Simon Harris, Jan 29, 2005