    Approx £

    Any help welcome

    Jaes

    jaems, Mar 10, 2008

  2. jaems

    jaems Guest

    Only started causing a proble since upgrade from VS2005 to VS 2008

    jaems, Mar 10, 2008

  3. "jaems" <> wrote in message
    > my code

    > Approx £
    >
    > Displays as
    >
    > Approx £
    >
    > Any help welcome
    >
    > Jaes

    You have a mismatch between the codepage being used to encode the response
    (which appears to be 65001 UTF-8) and the CharSet being sent to the
    compilier which should be UTF-8 but in this case isn't.

    Try adding ResponseEncoding="UTF-8" to the <%@ page line.

    Alternatively the file has been saved as UTF-8 but is believed to be
    Windows-1252.

    In the ASP.NET Configuration Settings (from IIS manager) check the
    Globaliszation settings on the Application Tab. You should ensure that
    files are saved in the encoding that the File encoding field indicates. If
    a file deviates from this it should indicate the codepage used with the
    codepage page attribute.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Mar 10, 2008
  4. jaems

    jaems Guest

    Thanks for your help but adding

    <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true" ResponseEncoding="UTF-8"
    MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback="true" %>

    did not work

    nor when I tried Windows-1252.

    I do not understand the bit about ASP.NET Configuration Settings (from IIS
    manager)

    How do I change those?

    Jaes

    jaems, Mar 12, 2008
  5. On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:24:46 GMT, "jaems" <> wrote:

    >my code

    >Approx £
    >
    >Displays as
    >
    >Approx £