    xilinx FPGA. Can any body have the idea how to calculate the power
    consumption in that design.
    thanking u all.
    sunil, Feb 10, 2004

  2. if you look on the Xilinx web-site they have power calculation tools, you
    need to know the resources used and the clock frequency, as far as I can
    remember.
    Ben

    Benjamin Todd, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Here is the particular area on Xilinx's web-site :
    http://www.xilinx.com/ise/power_tools/.

    Xilinx provides 2 types of power estimation tools - pre-implementation
    (Spreadsheet and Web) and design-based (XPower).

    Both pre-implementation tools are directly accessible from the above site
    and, as Benjamin points out, require resource and frequency i/ps from the
    users.

    XPower comes as part of ISE and requires a design that has been at least
    mapped. (It also operates on a placed design or on a placed & routed
    design.)

    All three tools support V2.

    Regards,

    Brendan