Powerbuilder and java

John McClain

Can someone tell me whether Java can access poserbuilder pbd files, and if
so, how???

Andrew Thompson

Can someone tell me whether Java can access poserbuilder pbd files,
Sure.

..and if
so, how???

InputStream.

BTW, what'a ya' wanna do with
them accessed bytes? ;-)

John McClain

What we are doing is creating a JSP app that wil be served on Tomcat that
needs to access our existing powerbuilder PBD files. We have been codeing in
powerbuilder for years, but want to mimick some functionality on the web. We
are using a JSP/Tomcat architecture for this. So we need to access the PBD
files we have through Java

Thomas Kellerer

John McClain wrote on 31.08.2004 20:05:
What we are doing is creating a JSP app that wil be served on Tomcat that
needs to access our existing powerbuilder PBD files. We have been codeing in
powerbuilder for years, but want to mimick some functionality on the web. We
are using a JSP/Tomcat architecture for this. So we need to access the PBD
files we have through Java
When you say "access" do you mean "execute the byte code stored in the PBD
files"?

This won't be possible from within Java. But doesn't sybase offer a server
based installation as well. When I was using Powerbuilder, they had an
application server that could be accessed using standard http stuff and
would then execute PB code (i.e. the code stored in the PBDs)

Thomas

Real Gagnon

Can someone tell me whether Java can access poserbuilder pbd files,
and if so, how???

An easy way to use EAServer (the Sybase application server). Your
Powerbuilder components are deployed in EAServer and can be accessed from
your JSP code as a CORBA component or EJB.

You can download a free EAServer developper edition from the Sybase site.

Bye.