Powerful Command line parser

Discussion in 'Python' started by PyPK, Apr 21, 2006.

  1. PyPK

    PyPK Guest

    Is there a Command line parser in python that can:
    1. resolve conflicts
    2. specify something like requires
    3. and be smart

    for ex:
    python test.py --a --b --c --d

    Case 1:
    If 'a' is an option 'b' or 'c' cannot be specified.

    Case 2:
    atleast one option should be specified

    Case 3:
    IF 'a' and 'c' are given then 'd' has to be given

    or many such cases.

    I was wondering as this is a very common problem there if there is a
    module that could do these things .
    'optparse' is not this smart I guess.

    PyPK, Apr 21, 2006