PowerPoint and Asp.net

Stan SR

Hi,
How to generate a powerpoint document using asp.net ?
The best would be to merge a ppt template with datas that I generate

Thanks for your help.
Stan

Guest

These links demonstrate Office Automation. Microsoft does not support
server-side Office Automation because it doesn't work:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

Please don't advise people to use it...

--http://www.markrae.net

It's true, they do not recommend and do not support server-side Office
Automation, however as far as I can see in other threads, Automation
works in a certain conditions. For example, it doesn't work under
default ASP.NET account and has to be run under fixed account from the
local Administrators group, which is again, not recommended by
Microsoft.

Mark Rae

It's true, they do not recommend and do not support server-side Office
Automation, however as far as I can see in other threads, Automation
works in a certain conditions. For example, it doesn't work under
default ASP.NET account and has to be run under fixed account from the
local Administrators group, which is again, not recommended by
Microsoft.

Even more of a reason not to recommend it:

Note specifically:

Caution Automation of any Office application from an unattended,
non-interactive user account is risky and unstable. A single error in code
or configuration can result in a dialog box that can cause the client
process to stop responding (hang), that can corrupt data, or that can even
crash the calling process (which could bring down your Web server if the
client is ASP).

Warning Office was not designed, and is not safe, for unattended execution
on a server. Developers who use Office in this manner do so at their own
risk.