    The best would be to merge a ppt template with datas that I generate

    Thanks for your help.
    Stan

    Stan SR, Jun 9, 2007

  2. On Jun 9, 1:00 pm, "Stan SR" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > How to generate a powerpoint document using asp.net ?
    > The best would be to merge a ppt template with datas that I generate
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    > Stan

    This can help you to start, I guess

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303717/
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303718/

    For PowerPoint 2007 you would need to look into Office Open XML file
    format

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Stan SR

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message

    > On Jun 9, 1:00 pm, "Stan SR" <> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> How to generate a powerpoint document using asp.net ?
    >> The best would be to merge a ppt template with datas that I generate
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help.
    >> Stan

    > This can help you to start, I guess
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303717/
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303718/

    These links demonstrate Office Automation. Microsoft does not support
    server-side Office Automation because it doesn't work:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

    Please don't advise people to use it...

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, Jun 9, 2007
  4. Stan SR

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Jun 9, 2007
  5. On Jun 9, 3:59 pm, "Mark Rae" <> wrote:
    > "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message

    > > On Jun 9, 1:00 pm, "Stan SR" <> wrote:
    > >> Hi,
    > >> How to generate a powerpoint document using asp.net ?
    > >> The best would be to merge a ppt template with datas that I generate

    > >> Thanks for your help.
    > >> Stan

    > > This can help you to start, I guess

    > >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303717/
    > >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303718/

    > These links demonstrate Office Automation. Microsoft does not support
    > server-side Office Automation because it doesn't work:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2
    >
    > Please don't advise people to use it...
    >
    > --http://www.markrae.net

    It's true, they do not recommend and do not support server-side Office
    Automation, however as far as I can see in other threads, Automation
    works in a certain conditions. For example, it doesn't work under
    default ASP.NET account and has to be run under fixed account from the
    local Administrators group, which is again, not recommended by
    Microsoft.

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 9, 2007
  6. Stan SR

    > It's true, they do not recommend and do not support server-side Office
    > Automation, however as far as I can see in other threads, Automation
    > works in a certain conditions. For example, it doesn't work under
    > default ASP.NET account and has to be run under fixed account from the
    > local Administrators group, which is again, not recommended by
    > Microsoft.

    Even more of a reason not to recommend it:

    Note specifically:

    Caution Automation of any Office application from an unattended,
    non-interactive user account is risky and unstable. A single error in code
    or configuration can result in a dialog box that can cause the client
    process to stop responding (hang), that can corrupt data, or that can even
    crash the calling process (which could bring down your Web server if the
    client is ASP).

    Warning Office was not designed, and is not safe, for unattended execution
    on a server. Developers who use Office in this manner do so at their own
    risk.

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, Jun 9, 2007
  7. If your needs are simple you may be able to use my free ExportPanel control:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExportPanel.aspx

    If your needs are more complex then you probably want to use a 3rd party
    tool to help ease things along:
    http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/AsposePowerPoint.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Jun 10, 2007