    does pp pack all used modules into same executable ?

    Thanks
    Yakov

    Yakov, Apr 8, 2007

  2. Yakov

    Lambik Guest

    "Yakov" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I compile perl code with pp ( PAR::packer),
    > does pp pack all used modules into same executable ?

    Have you even read the manpages? It says so right there:

    "If you want to make an executable that contains all module, scripts and
    data files, please consult the pp utility instead"

    Lambik, Apr 8, 2007

  3. Yakov

    Bart Lateur Guest

    Yakov wrote:

    >When I compile perl code with pp ( PAR::packer),
    >does pp pack all used modules into same executable ?

    Yes, and no. PAR needs to extract the modules to a temporary directory
    when trying to run the script. So, it's bogus. The other, commercial
    packers (Perl2exe, PerlApp) don't need to do that.

    --
    Bart.

    Bart Lateur, Apr 10, 2007