    Providing a PPM repository where one could install other Crypt::________
    modules would put you into the bonus round.

    -ceo
    ChrisO, Aug 13, 2004

  2. ChrisO

    Robert Guest

    "ChrisO" <> wrote in message
    news:B1USc.2679$...
    > Anyone know of a repository or a PPD for installing Crypt::Blowfish on
    > Windows running ActiveState Perl v5.8.0 via PPM? AS, being in Canada
    > and governed by weird Canadian "permits," (more stinking government
    > intervention in this area of encryption), apparently can't provide quite
    > a few Crypt::_________ packages (or has chosen not to because, I would
    > presume, these so-called Canadian permits cost $$$).
    >
    > Ultimately, I'd like Crypt::Blowfish and not Crypt::Blowfish_PP.
    >
    > Providing a PPM repository where one could install other Crypt::________
    > modules would put you into the bonus round.
    >
    > -ceo

    rep add TheoryX
    http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58

    Do a search for Crypt and you find much more than just Blowfish. :)
    Robert, Aug 13, 2004

  3. ChrisO

    ChrisO Guest

    Re: PPD or repository for installing Crypt::Blowfish on Win32 (ASPerl)?

    Robert wrote:

    > "ChrisO" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Anyone know of a repository or a PPD for installing Crypt::Blowfish on
    >>Windows running ActiveState Perl v5.8.0 via PPM? AS, being in Canada
    >>and governed by weird Canadian "permits," (more stinking government
    >>intervention in this area of encryption), apparently can't provide quite
    >>a few Crypt::_________ packages (or has chosen not to because, I would
    >>presume, these so-called Canadian permits cost $$$).
    >>
    >>Ultimately, I'd like Crypt::Blowfish and not Crypt::Blowfish_PP.
    >>
    >>Providing a PPM repository where one could install other Crypt::________
    >>modules would put you into the bonus round.
    >>
    >>-ceo

    > rep add TheoryX
    > http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58
    >
    > Do a search for Crypt and you find much more than just Blowfish. :)

    Sha-weet...! Thanks. Knew one had to be out there somewhere.

    -ceo
    ChrisO, Aug 13, 2004
  4. ChrisO <> wrote in

    > Anyone know of a repository or a PPD for installing Crypt::Blowfish on
    > Windows running ActiveState Perl v5.8.0 via PPM? AS, being in Canada
    > and governed by weird Canadian "permits," (more stinking government
    > intervention in this area of encryption), apparently can't provide
    > quite a few Crypt::_________ packages (or has chosen not to because, I
    > would presume, these so-called Canadian permits cost $$$).

    I really have no idea what you are talking about, but ...

    > Ultimately, I'd like Crypt::Blowfish and not Crypt::Blowfish_PP.
    >
    > Providing a PPM repository where one could install other
    > Crypt::________ modules would put you into the bonus round.

    you have heard of Google, right?

    http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePerl/PPM/Repository

    --
    A. Sinan Unur
    A. Sinan Unur, Aug 13, 2004
  5. ChrisO

    A. Sinan Unur wrote:

    > ChrisO <> wrote in
    >

    >>Anyone know of a repository or a PPD for installing Crypt::Blowfish on
    >>Windows running ActiveState Perl v5.8.0 via PPM? AS, being in Canada
    >>and governed by weird Canadian "permits," (more stinking government
    >>intervention in this area of encryption), apparently can't provide
    >>quite a few Crypt::_________ packages (or has chosen not to because, I
    >>would presume, these so-called Canadian permits cost $$$).

    > I really have no idea what you are talking about, but ...

    THIS is what I'm talking about:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePerl/PPM/Repository

    >>Ultimately, I'd like Crypt::Blowfish and not Crypt::Blowfish_PP.
    >>
    >>Providing a PPM repository where one could install other
    >>Crypt::________ modules would put you into the bonus round.

    > you have heard of Google, right?

    No, I *wrote* Google... And I was looking for a Blowfish module to help
    finish a piece of it off before the IPO... :cool:

    Seriously, I don't post unless I've already Googled extensively. That's
    Web sites and Groups. Now maybe I missed just the right incantation of
    search criteria, but I tried quite a few reasonable combos.

    NOW it'll be in Google though... See how we've helped mankind having
    this interchange? ;-)

    -ceo
    ChrisO, Aug 13, 2004
  6. ChrisO <> wrote in

    > A. Sinan Unur wrote:
    >
    >> ChrisO <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Anyone know of a repository or a PPD for installing Crypt::Blowfish
    >>>on Windows running ActiveState Perl v5.8.0 via PPM? AS, being in
    >>>Canada and governed by weird Canadian "permits," (more stinking
    >>>government intervention in this area of encryption), apparently can't
    >>>provide quite a few Crypt::_________ packages (or has chosen not to
    >>>because, I would presume, these so-called Canadian permits cost $$$).

    >> I really have no idea what you are talking about, but ...
    >>

    > THIS is what I'm talking about:
    >
    > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePerl/PPM/Repository

    Which came up as the first match after me entering

    perl crypt::blowfish windows ppd

    in the search field. I still have no idea what your attitude is about.

    >>> Ultimately, I'd like Crypt::Blowfish and not Crypt::Blowfish_PP.
    >>>
    >>> Providing a PPM repository where one could install other
    >>> Crypt::________ modules would put you into the bonus round.

    >> you have heard of Google, right?
    >>

    > No, I *wrote* Google... And I was looking for a Blowfish module to
    > help finish a piece of it off before the IPO... :cool:

    Huh?

    > NOW it'll be in Google though... See how we've helped mankind having
    > this interchange? ;-)

    I already regret having provided the information.

    --
    A. Sinan Unur
    A. Sinan Unur, Aug 13, 2004
  7. ChrisO

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "ChrisO" <> wrote in message

    > Seriously, I don't post unless I've already Googled extensively. That's
    > Web sites and Groups. Now maybe I missed just the right incantation of
    > search criteria, but I tried quite a few reasonable combos.

    The uwinnipeg ppm repository is mentioned right at the bottom of the section
    you referenced. It often pays not to skim when reading; you could wind up
    unable to figure out why split splits the way it does if you go that route.

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Aug 13, 2004
  8. ChrisO

    A. Sinan Unur wrote:

    > ChrisO <> wrote in
    >

    >>A. Sinan Unur wrote:
    >>

    >>>ChrisO <> wrote in

    >>>I really have no idea what you are talking about, but ...
    >>>

    >>THIS is what I'm talking about:
    >>
    >>http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePerl/PPM/Repository

    > Which came up as the first match after me entering
    >
    > perl crypt::blowfish windows ppd
    >
    > in the search field. I still have no idea what your attitude is about.

    >>>you have heard of Google, right?
    >>>

    >>No, I *wrote* Google... And I was looking for a Blowfish module to
    >>help finish a piece of it off before the IPO... :cool:

    > Huh?
    >

    >>NOW it'll be in Google though... See how we've helped mankind having
    >>this interchange? ;-)

    > I already regret having provided the information.

    Ah, my last reply was an attempt to be light-hearted that probably
    didn't translate too well. My own twisted sense of humor perhaps. Your
    original reply was valuable, I thought.

    -ceo
    ChrisO, Aug 13, 2004
  9. ChrisO

    Matt Garrish wrote:

    > "ChrisO" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Seriously, I don't post unless I've already Googled extensively. That's
    >>Web sites and Groups. Now maybe I missed just the right incantation of
    >>search criteria, but I tried quite a few reasonable combos.
    >>

    > The uwinnipeg ppm repository is mentioned right at the bottom of the section
    > you referenced. It often pays not to skim when reading; you could wind up
    > unable to figure out why split splits the way it does if you go that route.

    My first reading of that page only stated that Crypt-SSLeay and
    Net_SSLeay could be found at the Winnipeg repository; it never mentions
    the other Crypt modules (as a recheck seems to verify -- am I missing
    something?), though in hind-sight, it would have been reasonable for me
    for me to at least make an attempt see if they were there anyway. It is
    a bit misleading for them to highlight only the SSLeay modules and not
    mention that ALL of the Crypt module PPDs are there.

    Anyway, several here got me pointed in the right direction, my failed
    attempt at humor with some not withstanding. And a point can still be
    taken from your reply.

    Thanks!
    -ceo
    ChrisO, Aug 13, 2004
  10. ChrisO <> wrote in news:RUWSc.1417$lf7.1111
    @newssvr32.news.prodigy.com:

    > Ah, my last reply was an attempt to be light-hearted that probably
    > didn't translate too well. My own twisted sense of humor perhaps. Your
    > original reply was valuable, I thought.

    OK. Sometimes it is hard to 'get' the humor through pixels on the screen.
    Sorry about that.

    --
    A. Sinan Unur
    A. Sinan Unur, Aug 13, 2004