Practical Algorithm Book, Exercises and Answers

utab

Dear all,

I have been searching for an Algorithm book which groups common kinds
(such as: recursion is most useful in these kinds of problems, sth like
that ) of problems and explains them with example code. And including
some exercises to practice those algorithms on, maybe simple, some
problems and of course providing the answers as well.

Regards.

Ivan Vecerina

: I have been searching for an Algorithm book which groups common kinds
: (such as: recursion is most useful in these kinds of problems, sth like
: that ) of problems and explains them with example code. And including
: some exercises to practice those algorithms on, maybe simple, some
: problems and of course providing the answers as well.

I started with Dr Knuth's series -- The Art of Computer Programming.
Definitely top-knotch.

Another popular (smaller) book is:
Algorithms in C++ (R. Sedgwick), Ed., Addison-Wesley

hth -Ivan

Guybrush Threepwood

I have been searching for an Algorithm book which groups common kinds
(such as: recursion is most useful in these kinds of problems, sth like
that ) of problems and explains them with example code. And including some
exercises to practice those algorithms on, maybe simple, some problems and
of course providing the answers as well.
I liked this one:

http://mitpress.mit.edu/algorithms/

Mark P

utab said:
Dear all,

I have been searching for an Algorithm book which groups common kinds
(such as: recursion is most useful in these kinds of problems, sth like
that ) of problems and explains them with example code. And including
some exercises to practice those algorithms on, maybe simple, some
problems and of course providing the answers as well.

Regards.

This would be more appropriate on comp.programming.

I haven't used this book, but based on its title and description you
might consider: "The Algorithm Design Manual" by Steven Skiena.

Jerry Coffin

@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>, (e-mail address removed)
says...
Dear all,

I have been searching for an Algorithm book which groups common kinds
(such as: recursion is most useful in these kinds of problems, sth like
that ) of problems and explains them with example code. And including
some exercises to practice those algorithms on, maybe simple, some
problems and of course providing the answers as well.

I'd recommend reading through this thread:

http://tinyurl.com/ku2f7

It's not terribly long, but still gives a couple of
rather different viewpoints.