Practicing with RDF and OWL

4

418928

Hi everybody,

I've got the following doubt. I have been reading about RDF and OWL.
And now the question would be: what is the best way to practice? Are
there let's say some useful training exercises? What can I do? Maybe
define a RDF or OWL document and query it? I was thinking of
downloading and playing with Jena, but I would be very glad of any
other suggestion or advice in this regard. I'm also interested in
examples that I can follow.

Thanks in advance,

Sergio

Andy Dingley

I've got the following doubt. I have been reading about RDF and OWL.
And now the question would be: what is the best way to practice?

Download a copy of Protege (from stanford.edu) and play with that, and a
few of its plugins.

Read the famous "Pizza ontology" training primer from Manchester.
I was thinking of downloading and playing with Jena,

That would be good too, if you're a Java user. It won't teach you much
about ontologies or OWL though, you're best to learn those separately
first.