#pragma dictionary directive in Linux?

arunmib

hi,
I would like to know whether "#pragma dictionary" exists in Linux. I
have read that this is an ANSI equivalent of "#dictionary" concept
present in OpenVMS system. In the following link it has been mentioned
that "#pragma dictionary" is prevalent in ANSI C,

http://docshare.isti.cnr.it/cgiplus-bin/conan?key=CC~Language_topics~Preprocessor~#pragm
a&title=VMS%20Help&referer=http%3A/www.google.com/

But when I spoke with one of my colleague he said that "dictionary"
concept is not present in Linux.....So, can anybody help me out?

An advance thanks for the help and information ppl...

Ed Vogel

arunmib said:
hi,
I would like to know whether "#pragma dictionary" exists in Linux. I
have read that this is an ANSI equivalent of "#dictionary" concept
present in OpenVMS system. In the following link it has been mentioned
that "#pragma dictionary" is prevalent in ANSI C,

http://docshare.isti.cnr.it/cgiplus-bin/conan?key=CC~Language_topics~Preprocessor~#pragm
a&title=VMS%20Help&referer=http%3A/www.google.com/

But when I spoke with one of my colleague he said that "dictionary"
concept is not present in Linux.....So, can anybody help me out?

An advance thanks for the help and information ppl...
The #pragma dictionary directive exists to allow the compiler
to extract records from an OpenVMS Common Data
Dictionary.

The OpenVMS Common Data Dictionary is something
specific to OpenVMS, and would not be available on
Linux..

You may be able to workaround this by having the OpenVMS
C compiler extract the definitions: Add /PREPROCESS_ONLY
to the command line....this will create a .I file. Look in the
.I file for the defintions exctracted by the #pragma dictionary
directive, and move them to a header file. Then move that
header file to the Linux system and #include it as you would
any other file.

I say "may" because I've never used this directive, so it may
not work....

Ed Vogel - HP(Compaq/DEC) C/C++ for OpenVMS Engineering.