    But when I spoke with one of my colleague he said that "dictionary"
    concept is not present in Linux.....So, can anybody help me out?

    An advance thanks for the help and information ppl...
    arunmib, Nov 14, 2007

  2. arunmib

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    arunmib <> writes:

    > I would like to know whether "#pragma dictionary" exists in Linux.

    No.
    --
    Ben Pfaff
    http://benpfaff.org
    Ben Pfaff, Nov 14, 2007

  3. arunmib

    Ed Vogel Guest

    "arunmib" <> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > I would like to know whether "#pragma dictionary" exists in Linux. I
    > have read that this is an ANSI equivalent of "#dictionary" concept
    > present in OpenVMS system. In the following link it has been mentioned
    > that "#pragma dictionary" is prevalent in ANSI C,
    >
    > http://docshare.isti.cnr.it/cgiplus-bin/conan?key=CC~Language_topics~Preprocessor~#pragm
    > a&title=VMS%20Help&referer=http%3A/www.google.com/
    >
    > But when I spoke with one of my colleague he said that "dictionary"
    > concept is not present in Linux.....So, can anybody help me out?
    >
    > An advance thanks for the help and information ppl...

    The #pragma dictionary directive exists to allow the compiler
    to extract records from an OpenVMS Common Data
    Dictionary.

    The OpenVMS Common Data Dictionary is something
    specific to OpenVMS, and would not be available on
    Linux..

    You may be able to workaround this by having the OpenVMS
    C compiler extract the definitions: Add /PREPROCESS_ONLY
    to the command line....this will create a .I file. Look in the
    .I file for the defintions exctracted by the #pragma dictionary
    directive, and move them to a header file. Then move that
    header file to the Linux system and #include it as you would
    any other file.

    I say "may" because I've never used this directive, so it may
    not work....

    Ed Vogel - HP(Compaq/DEC) C/C++ for OpenVMS Engineering.
    Ed Vogel, Nov 14, 2007
  4. arunmib

    arunmib Guest

    Thanks Ben Pfaff and Ed Vogel for your replies and information...
    arunmib, Nov 15, 2007