Pre-emptive multithread programing....

swetha

Hi Everyone,
Can any1 help me in writing a C program...for
making threads pre-emptive every 0.05 seconds using signal and
ualarm.I want this on linux ..using the sigemptyset,sigaddset and
sigprocmask.Please any1 help me in this ...any suggestions or links
will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance......and i really need this so guys please help me
out...
Swetha

Peter Pichler

swetha said:
Hi Everyone,
Can any1 help me in writing a C program...for
making threads pre-emptive every 0.05 seconds using signal and
ualarm.I want this on linux ..using the sigemptyset,sigaddset and
sigprocmask.Please any1 help me in this ...any suggestions or links
will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance......and i really need this so guys please help me
out...

Sorry, swetha, but this is not the right place. We discuss standard C
here. signal, ualarm, sigemptyset, sigaddset and sigprocmask are not
standard C. You may surprised how little standard C deals with: no
threads, no networking, no graphics...

Your best bet would probably be something like linux.dev.c-programming,
but since I do not subscribe to that group, I may be wrong. Find and
read their FAQ first, if they have one.

Peter

Keith Thompson

Peter Pichler said:
Sorry, swetha, but this is not the right place. We discuss standard C
here. signal, ualarm, sigemptyset, sigaddset and sigprocmask are not
standard C. You may surprised how little standard C deals with: no
threads, no networking, no graphics...

Your best bet would probably be something like
linux.dev.c-programming, but since I do not subscribe to that group, I
may be wrong. Find and read their FAQ first, if they have one.

comp.programming.threads or comp.unix.programmer might also be good
places to post.

akappa

Can any1 help me in writing a C program...for
making threads pre-emptive every 0.05 seconds using signal and
ualarm.

Why the hell you want to overlap the scheduler's job (that, in the
case of Linux, *IS* already preemptive), apart of the senselessness of
the question?

PS: remember that you have to write in vanilla english.
PPS: You are OT.

Ed Prochak

Hi Everyone,
Can any1 help me in writing a C program...for
making threads pre-emptive every 0.05 seconds using signal and
ualarm.I want this on linux ..using the sigemptyset,sigaddset and
sigprocmask.Please any1 help me in this ...any suggestions or links
will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance......and i really need this so guys please help me
out...
Swetha

This is a LINUX programming issue. Standard C does not know about such
functions.

Ed

Ed Prochak

Hi Everyone,
Can any1 help me in writing a C program...for
making threads pre-emptive every 0.05 seconds using signal and
ualarm.I want this on linux ..using the sigemptyset,sigaddset and
sigprocmask.Please any1 help me in this ...any suggestions or links
will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance......and i really need this so guys please help me
out...
Swetha

Standard C does not know about such functions. You might ask this in a
linus newdgroup. I think comp.os.linux.answers might be a good place
to start.

HTH,
Ed