    to setup some synopsys libraries first. Does anyone know how to do it?

    Thanks,
    Jim

    Jim, Oct 20, 2006

  2. Jim

    Ajeetha Guest

    Jim,
    Can you elaborate on "ncvhdl cannot even compile the libary file
    lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd" - what sort of errors are you seeing? I haven't used
    this specific library only the tool - ncvhdl.

    Ajeetha, CVC
    www.noveldv.com

    Ajeetha, Oct 20, 2006

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Hi Ajeetha,

    It seemed that the compiler could not find certain synopsys libraries
    such as IEEE.GS_TYPE which are used by lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd , so I compiled
    the library source files which were shipped with design compiler using
    ncvhdl, but I am sure if this was the right way to setup the libraries
    for ncvhdl. Finally, I got the following error message:

    attribute PROPAGATE_VALUE of tpdB_Z_F: constant is

    ncvhdl_p: *W,ASILDR (lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd,64|39): illegal entity designator
    [5.1].

    I am really confused because it looks like that ncvhdl does not support
    certain features used by lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd. Do you have any clue how to
    deal with it?

    Thanks,
    Jim

    Jim, Oct 21, 2006