Precompilation / excluding files

anon2005

Hi all,

OK, I get the whole new compilation model in ASP.NET 2.0. I can see
how it's better in team environments and overall, not requiring a
project file is useful.

The big snags I'm hitting:

- First, I am using a large control suite in my application
(Telerik's). The easy thing (as far as I'm concerned) is to drag and
drop the Radcontrols folder into the root of my web app. Because this
contains thousands of files, it has now made refactoring (and like
features, such as find all references) infeasible. In the ol' 2003
days, I'd simply exclude that folder. Are there any options to this?
I was thinking of a vfolder or something (I'm dev'ing on IIS, not file
system), but seeing how others solved this (doesn't look like there are
any real clean options, based on what I've seen in search).

- Second, precompile. Since I'm precompiling my web app, all my files
-- including everything in my Radcontrols folder, is getting
precompiled. This is not what I want to do -- for performance and
other reasons.

I understand _why_ the model has changed in 2005, just hoping there are
some practical workarounds.

thanks in advance!
Tom