Precompilation / excluding files

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by anon2005@comcast.net, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    OK, I get the whole new compilation model in ASP.NET 2.0. I can see
    how it's better in team environments and overall, not requiring a
    project file is useful.

    The big snags I'm hitting:

    - First, I am using a large control suite in my application
    (Telerik's). The easy thing (as far as I'm concerned) is to drag and
    drop the Radcontrols folder into the root of my web app. Because this
    contains thousands of files, it has now made refactoring (and like
    features, such as find all references) infeasible. In the ol' 2003
    days, I'd simply exclude that folder. Are there any options to this?
    I was thinking of a vfolder or something (I'm dev'ing on IIS, not file
    system), but seeing how others solved this (doesn't look like there are
    any real clean options, based on what I've seen in search).

    - Second, precompile. Since I'm precompiling my web app, all my files
    -- including everything in my Radcontrols folder, is getting
    precompiled. This is not what I want to do -- for performance and
    other reasons.

    I understand _why_ the model has changed in 2005, just hoping there are
    some practical workarounds.

    thanks in advance!
    Tom

    , Feb 14, 2006

  2. Answered this in your previous thread.

    Karl
    --
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl Seguin [MVP], Feb 14, 2006