Precompilation Question

Myron Marston

When I precompile my webservice project using aspnet_compiler, it
generates two files called App_global.asax.compiled and
App_Code.compiled. When you open these fields, it contains some XML
that references the hardcoded virtual directory name at the time of the
compilation. Our WebService is going to be deployed to lots of
different customers and will probably be in a different virtual
directory at each site, so these hardcoded virtual directory names seem
likely to cause problems.

I've tried running the WebService when it is installed to a different
virtual directory and it seems to work fine. But I'm still concerned
about these files referring to a virtual directory that may not exist
when deployed.

What is the purpose of the hardcoded virtual directory in these files?
What affect does it have if the app is deployed to a different virtual
directory?

Thanks!

skills0

I'm wondering the same thing, especially since my global.asax events
are getting lost in the deployment to another server.

curtis