precompiler error

Loane Sharp

Hi there

I'm trying to precompile my web application for deployment using the ASP.NET
2.0.40903 compiler
("...\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\2_0_40903\aspnet_compiler.exe").

I get the following error message ~

"...\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\2_0_40903\web.config(6): error
ASPCONFIG: It is an error to use a section registered as
in IIS."

I have set up IIS (5.1) and I've checked from within MMC that the web site
is "running" ... I can browse the application files perfectly from within
Internet Explorer, so I presume the virtual directories etc. have been
properly created.

I've also checked that my web site is associated with an IIS application
(viz. right-clicking on the web site in MMC, I choose "Properties" then
navigate to the "Home Directory" tab, where the local path and application
name are specified correctly).

Can you help?

Best regards
Loane