Predict Java's Future in a New Google Game

Discussion in 'Java' started by Amir Michail, Jan 14, 2005.

  1. Amir  Michail

    Amir Michail Guest

    Hi,

    I have added over 150 Java related (Query, URL) pairs into the
    Speculative Search Game -- a new Google game.

    Just click on the Java link to find them when making predictions:

    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/spec/

    The Speculative Search Game allows you to predict which web pages will
    rank more highly on Google in the future. Your score will depend on the
    actual ranking of those pages in the future.

    The output of the game will be used to build a Speculative Search
    Engine that ranks those web pages more highly today.

    Most of the Java (Query, URL) pairs that I added have the query "java".
    Feel free to add other sorts of queries to those URLs (e.g., "java
    programming", "java 3d", etc).

    Feel free to add other sites as well, including any Java pages that I
    have missed.

    Amir

    P.S. The game is not restricted to Java. Other topics include Google,
    Yahoo, Linux, KDE, GNOME, and Python.

    Amir Michail, Jan 14, 2005

  2. Andrew Thompson, Jan 14, 2005