    started and the GUI displayed to when she clicks the
    button so that the file chooser dialog comes up faster.
    TIA
    Joan, Aug 1, 2005

  2. On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:50:22 -0500, Joan wrote:

    > I have a program with a simple GUI,

    c.l.j.gui is thataway..
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljg>

    > ..button so that the file chooser dialog comes up faster.

    And when you make a post there, you might even venture
    to ask a question.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    You Can't Prove It Won't Happen
    Andrew Thompson, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Joan wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a program with a simple GUI, and it works fine.
    > It is mostly just a bunch of buttons.
    > In order for it to work, the user needs to click a button
    > that brings up a file chooser dialog. What I would like to
    > do is to load the file chooser dialog in advance to take
    > advantage of the think time from when the program is
    > started and the GUI displayed to when she clicks the
    > button so that the file chooser dialog comes up faster.
    > TIA

    Joan:

    Create the JFileChooser before you are going to use it. Just show it in
    the button action listener.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute/