preload jar applet problem?

Andrew Thompson

pcouas wrote:
I have some problem to preload an 367ko

Is that 376 Kilobytes? I am unfamiliar with the abbreviation 'ko'.

It seems fairly standard. I note that it does not 'swallow'
exceptions, but reports them to the console.

What is the URL of your test applet?

What browser (make and version) are you testing with?
Without best results. Sometmes Jar is preloaded, sometimes no ??

Are there errors listed in the Java console?
(Note also that one '?' is enough.)
I am in France and Customer website is in Turkish
Do you have an idea ?

Start by answering the questions above (particularly the
URL of the applet).

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Lew

Andrew said:
pcouas wrote:

Is that 376 Kilobytes? I am unfamiliar with the abbreviation 'ko'.

Europeans (and others, I guess) call "bytes" "octets", thus "ko" is
"kilo-octets".

Strictly speaking, the "k" for "kilo" should be in lower case, as the OP
showed it. Binary prefixes, OTOH, are upper-cased: "KiB" for "kibibyte"
("KiO"?) where "kibi" stands for a multiplier of 2^10 (1024).

If it makes a yoctojot of difference:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SI_prefix>

Thomas Fritsch

Lew said:
Europeans (and others, I guess) call "bytes" "octets", thus "ko" is
"kilo-octets".
AFAIK only the French speaking people (not the Europeans in general) say
"octets".

Andrew Thompson

Lew said:
Europeans (and others, I guess) call "bytes" "octets", thus "ko" is
"kilo-octets".

Makes sense.
Strictly speaking, the "k" for "kilo" should be in lower case, ...
If it makes a yoctojot ...

..yoctojot? Cool word, what's it mean?
Are you demonstrating superior knowledge of obscure
words, or simply 'waxing Shakespearian'*?

* Inventing words..

--

Andrew said:
..yoctojot? Cool word, what's it mean?
Are you demonstrating superior knowledge of obscure
words, or simply 'waxing Shakespearian'*?

* Inventing words..

Both. It's a coinage using the prefix "yocto-" that is explained in the
referenced Wikipedia entry (restored from your over-enthusiastic snippage); in
other words, if you read the entry you get the joke.

Andrew Thompson