    I hide one player and reveal another when one clip stops?

    Or do you have any other sollutions to my problem

    , Oct 11, 2005

    wrote:
    > I have several movie clips and would wish to play them in sequence.
    > There is possible to use the SetQTNEXTUrl property for the quicktime
    > plugin, but it creates a black gap between the clips.
    >
    > Is it possible to use to player objects and swap between them. So that
    > I hide one player and reveal another when one clip stops?
    >
    > Or do you have any other sollutions to my problem

    Off hand, I do not see an easy method to do what you wish with script.
    If I had several clips that I wished to play in sequence without
    breaks, I would first use one of the many video programs available that
    allow combination of the several clips into one large, long clip. Then
    I would stream it. If you want to include dialup as well as broadband
    viewers, it may be well to provide two streams, although quality of
    video leaves much to be desired on dialup. I would also consider using
    WMV rather than QT for streaming, because many more people have the WMP
    on their computer than QT. If you wanted to include most people, you
    might provide WMV, Real, and QT streams. For dialup users, a stream at
    about 30 kbps is about all you can handle. I usually use 1400 to 2000
    kbps for my DSL streams, and my DSL connection allows a measured
    download rate of about 2300 kbps from my server. Under these
    conditions, initial buffer time is very short before the movie plays
    without breaks. Since all DSL is not as fast as mine, you might want to
    include a stream of about 900 kbps for slower DSL and about 1400 to
    2000 kbps for faster DSL and good cable connections.

    , Oct 11, 2005

  3. torbs Guest

    Thank you for taking the time to respond.

    I use mp4 videos, not quicktime. But Quicktime is the only browser with
    java support.

    Anyway. I have split the film into pieces because the pieces should be
    assembled at runtime from specifications made by the user. I dont want
    ONE movie I want 90*90*90 different movies. Thats why I have split the
    movie into smaller clips.

    I think I know how I am going to do it, though. I will create two
    players, place them on top of each other with css2, hide one and play
    the other. When the visible player is closing in on the end of the
    clip, I start the other player and make it visible. This calls of
    course for some user calibration since no connection have the same
    speed, but I hope it will work.

    torbs, Oct 12, 2005
  4. Jambalaya Guest

    If possible, I would suggest using Flash video files and then sequence
    them in Flash. Flash would be much more reliable for showing clips
    sequentially. An added benefit is that Flash has more installation
    penetration than QT.

    Jambalaya, Oct 12, 2005