Preloading Images with Java Applet

fergus.ryder

Does anyone know how to preload images in a java applet for use by the
browser (internet explorer) Right now when I preload using

getImage() and prepareImage()

the images are stored in the java console cache so the browser doesnt
see them. I did try and change the location to be the same as the
browser but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

JRE 1.5
Internet Explorer 6

Oliver Wong

Does anyone know how to preload images in a java applet for use by the
browser (internet explorer) Right now when I preload using

getImage() and prepareImage()

the images are stored in the java console cache so the browser doesnt
see them. I did try and change the location to be the same as the
browser but to no avail.

Any ideas?

How about not using Java? You could use a invisible (or tiny) frame and
reference all the images there, so that the browser will preload them. Ask
an HTML group if you need more details.

- Oliver