Preloading Images

Miro

I have been googling around and searching for how to preload images in
asp.net

Seems the answer is you cant - you have to use javascript.
Thats fine,

But ... I create the list of images to load dynamically on the "Load" event
of the default.aspx from a folder.
( I grab all the jpg images )

Basically I have an image rotating through on an ajax timer...
I am trying to figure out so I can "load" the next image that will show up
in 5 seconds, while the current one is being displayed.

Miro

Scott M.

Miro said:
I have been googling around and searching for how to preload images in
asp.net

Seems the answer is you cant - you have to use javascript.
Thats fine,

But ... I create the list of images to load dynamically on the "Load"
event of the default.aspx from a folder.
( I grab all the jpg images )

Basically I have an image rotating through on an ajax timer...
I am trying to figure out so I can "load" the next image that will show up
in 5 seconds, while the current one is being displayed.

Miro

In JavaScript, you can use the SetTimeOut(), ClearTimeOut(), SetInterval(),
and ClearInterval() methods for timing an action.

-Scott

Miro

Hi Scott,

I found an ASP + CSS alternative...see my above post.

Basically I have css not displaying 2 more images, and in my timer - i throw
the next images to be displayed in there.

Cheers'

Miro