Preparing sqlite, dl and tkinter for Python installation (no adminrights)

Discussion in 'Python' started by rosoloum, Apr 16, 2013.

  1. rosoloum

    rosoloum Guest

    I do not have admin rights on my machine and I am trying to build Python
    directly from source code. After running:

    ./configure --prefix=/some/path --enable-shared

    and then

    make

    I get the following:

    > Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules
    > were not found:
    >
    > _tkinter bsddb185 dl imageop
    > sunaudiodev
    >
    > To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in
    > detect_modules() for the module's name.
    >
    > Failed to build these modules:
    > _sqlite3

    I read that `imageop` was deprecated in recent versions of Python and that
    `sunaudiodev` is for Sun audio hardware, which I don't need/have.

    ##sqlite3:

    To fix the above, for `sqlite3` I downloaded this file:
    http://www.sqlite.org/2013/sqlite-autoconf-3071602.tar.gz
    and then run `./configure --prefix=/path/to/sqlite`, `make` and finally
    `make install`, and added `/path/to/sqlite/lib` to `LD_LIBRARY_PATH`.

    Still this was not enough (I get the same error) Why?

    ##tkinter and dl:
    What about `_tkinter` and `dl`? How can I have them ready for the Python
    installer?

    Note: I left a copy of this thread
    <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16026348/preparing-sqlite-dl-and-tkinter-for-python-installation-no-admin-rights>
    on StackOverflow:.