    your advice on how to handle this.

    thx
    -t

    Todd, May 12, 2004

  2. Todd wrote:

    > I have been given an XML file that I need to burn to a CD with an
    > application that runs on the client machine, meaning Client Side
    > Scripting.
    >
    > What they want to see is a search page, with 1 textbox that will allow
    > the user to search on one of the attributes of the XML file. Based on
    > that search, the output would be several of the chold nodes from the
    > XML file with one of them being a hyperlink to the details of that
    > entire node.
    >
    > I have been looking at either DHTML or XHTML and I would really like
    > your advice on how to handle this.

    You could built a HTML page that loads the XML file using MSXML with
    MSIE/Win and XMLHttpRequest with Netscape/Mozilla. Then you can use DOM
    scripting or even DOM XPath scripting to search the XML and maybe XSLT
    to transform the XML data to HTML to render in the browser.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, May 12, 2004