preserve password field over steps in wizard

sam

A wizard control has 5 steps. On step 3 the user is prompted for a value
that is entered in a password box mySecretValue. What is the best way to
ensure that the value in mySecretValue is available when the final processing
is done in step 5. At the moment it keeps getting set to empty string, no
doubt the correct default behaviour, but not what I want here. Any ideas?

sam

Thank you Teemu. Useful links, but in the end I opted for just setting the
value in a hidden field, which is preserved. Does the trick!