    sometimes contains the funky curly quotes and apostrophes which end up being
    dropped on the database insert. I'm not sure if the issue resides in my
    asp.net code or in the database itself (SQL 2000). Thanks for any help.
    anony, Aug 4, 2004

  2. anony

    Bobby Ryzhy Guest

    On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 15:50:50 GMT, "anony" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm looking to find out how to properly handle the input of certain
    >characters into a textbox that will be inserted into a database. In this
    >app, text is copied and pasted into a textbox from various sources, and
    >sometimes contains the funky curly quotes and apostrophes which end up being
    >dropped on the database insert. I'm not sure if the issue resides in my
    >asp.net code or in the database itself (SQL 2000). Thanks for any help.

    When doing an insert into the db - use a paramaterized query.

    Bobby Ryzhy
    bobby @ domain below
    http://weekendtech.net
    Bobby Ryzhy, Aug 4, 2004

  3. anony

    anony Guest

    I am using a paramaterized query on the insert... any other suggestions?

    Thanks.

    anony, Aug 5, 2004
  4. anony

    Bobby Ryzhy Guest

    On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:03:45 GMT, "anony" <> wrote:

    >I am using a paramaterized query on the insert... any other suggestions?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >"Bobby Ryzhy" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 15:50:50 GMT, "anony" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >I'm looking to find out how to properly handle the input of certain
    >> >characters into a textbox that will be inserted into a database. In this
    >> >app, text is copied and pasted into a textbox from various sources, and
    >> >sometimes contains the funky curly quotes and apostrophes which end up

    >being
    >> >dropped on the database insert. I'm not sure if the issue resides in my
    >> >asp.net code or in the database itself (SQL 2000). Thanks for any help.
    >> >

    >> When doing an insert into the db - use a paramaterized query.
    >>

    >> Bobby Ryzhy
    >> bobby @ domain below
    >> http://weekendtech.net

    if you are using a parameterized query to insert - it will maintain all integrity of the charachters.

    Bobby Ryzhy
    bobby @ domain below
    http://weekendtech.net
    Bobby Ryzhy, Aug 5, 2004
  5. anony

    anony Guest

    It must be on the database end then. I'm using SQL Server 2000, and the
    textbox.txt is going into a text field. Things like curly quotes and the
    "sharp" apostrophe are getting dropped on insert.

    anony, Aug 5, 2004