press cancel twice to get out of edit mode

sklett

Hi-

I just added edit capabilities to my DataGrid. It was working fine, then I
started to add a delete button. I did some other stuff, but I just noticed
that I have to press the cancel button twice to get out of edit mode, then,
when it does leave... the databound data is gone.

Earlier I was getting ViewState errors about the tree being different. What
can cause this kind of behavior? Where should I look to find the possible
problem?

Thanks, I hope someone can help.
Steve