    it to allow non-tech users to install some python scripts... you know,
    "Click Next"... "Click Next"... "Click Finish"... "You're Done!" and
    everything just magically works ;)

    rbt, Sep 7, 2005

  2. rbt wrote:

    > Any recommendations on a windows packager/installer that's free? I need
    > it to allow non-tech users to install some python scripts... you know,
    > "Click Next"... "Click Next"... "Click Finish"... "You're Done!" and
    > everything just magically works ;)

    Innosetup (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php) is quite good, and it's
    free (free as in beer, not free as in speech).

    Roel Schroeven

    Roel Schroeven, Sep 8, 2005

  3. rbt

    Christophe Guest

    rbt a écrit :
    > Any recommendations on a windows packager/installer that's free? I need
    > it to allow non-tech users to install some python scripts... you know,
    > "Click Next"... "Click Next"... "Click Finish"... "You're Done!" and
    > everything just magically works ;)

    Isn't that already available in the distutils module ?

    Christophe, Sep 8, 2005
  4. rbt

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Christophe <> writes:
    > > Any recommendations on a windows packager/installer that's free? I need
    > > it to allow non-tech users to install some python scripts... you know,
    > > "Click Next"... "Click Next"... "Click Finish"... "You're Done!" and
    > > everything just magically works ;)

    > Isn't that already available in the distutils module ?

    No not really. There's a thing like that for installing library
    modules but AFAIK it doesn't make an easy way to install desktop
    applications with start menu icons and all that kind of stuff. Inno
    Setup does do those things.

    Paul Rubin, Sep 8, 2005
  5. rbt

    Christophe Guest

    Paul Rubin a écrit :
    > Christophe <> writes:
    >
    >>>Any recommendations on a windows packager/installer that's free? I need
    >>>it to allow non-tech users to install some python scripts... you know,
    >>>"Click Next"... "Click Next"... "Click Finish"... "You're Done!" and
    >>>everything just magically works ;)

    >>Isn't that already available in the distutils module ?

    > No not really. There's a thing like that for installing library
    > modules but AFAIK it doesn't make an easy way to install desktop
    > applications with start menu icons and all that kind of stuff. Inno
    > Setup does do those things.

    I'll take your word on that. If you want to create a fully contained
    installer, you should use py2exe and on the samples there's an exemple
    in how to integrate InnoSetup.

    Christophe, Sep 8, 2005
  6. Gregory Piñero wrote:

    > How do you do this with the disutils module? I'm looking
    > to make an installer that will install a python library.

    start here:

    http://docs.python.org/dist/dist.html

    if you need more help, grab some libraries from PyPI and look
    at their setup files.

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Sep 12, 2005