pretty windows installer for py scripts

rbt

Any recommendations on a windows packager/installer that's free? I need
it to allow non-tech users to install some python scripts... you know,
"Click Next"... "Click Next"... "Click Finish"... "You're Done!" and
everything just magically works ;)

Roel Schroeven

rbt said:
Any recommendations on a windows packager/installer that's free? I need
it to allow non-tech users to install some python scripts... you know,
"Click Next"... "Click Next"... "Click Finish"... "You're Done!" and
everything just magically works ;)

Innosetup (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php) is quite good, and it's
free (free as in beer, not free as in speech).

Christophe

rbt a écrit :
Any recommendations on a windows packager/installer that's free? I need
it to allow non-tech users to install some python scripts... you know,
"Click Next"... "Click Next"... "Click Finish"... "You're Done!" and
everything just magically works ;)

Isn't that already available in the distutils module ?

Paul Rubin

Christophe said:
Isn't that already available in the distutils module ?

No not really. There's a thing like that for installing library
modules but AFAIK it doesn't make an easy way to install desktop
applications with start menu icons and all that kind of stuff. Inno
Setup does do those things.

Christophe

Paul Rubin a écrit :
No not really. There's a thing like that for installing library
modules but AFAIK it doesn't make an easy way to install desktop
applications with start menu icons and all that kind of stuff. Inno
Setup does do those things.

I'll take your word on that. If you want to create a fully contained
installer, you should use py2exe and on the samples there's an exemple
in how to integrate InnoSetup.