Prevayler

Discussion in 'Java' started by John Gagon, May 11, 2006.

  1. John Gagon

    John Gagon Guest

    Is prevayler worth it? I have done object serialization to file system
    before and what I've found is that with windows, despite some large
    limit on files per directory, there is a huge performance decrease with
    numbers of files >5000 in terms of reading and writing to files. There
    is "cached speed" but with transactions over time (with large prevalent
    systems), I'm concerned with the transaction write time. (which can't
    be asynchronously tasked off in a TimedTask/Timer) due to atomicity of
    transactions. (which is the real issue I think with distributed data
    structures / mirrors etc. (fiberconnected hard drives on a nearby
    server connected by gigabit not really counting as "distributed"
    there))

    John Gagon

    http://lordalfredhenry.livejournal.com
    John Gagon, May 11, 2006