    print>

    thanks

    , Mar 7, 2008

  2. rf Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi is there a function in html that will show a object (text/images)
    > on screen, but does not show when printed.

    Yes. CSS. Google for for media=print.

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Mar 7, 2008

  3. Neredbojias Guest

    On 07 Mar 2008, rf wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hi is there a function in html that will show a object (text/images)
    >> on screen, but does not show when printed.

    > Yes. CSS. Google for for media=print.

    Are Are you you seeing seeing double double??

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/

    Neredbojias, Mar 7, 2008
  4. Scripsit :

    > Hi is there a function in html

    No, there are no functions in HTML, which is a poor lonesame data
    format.

    > that will show a object (text/images)
    > on screen, but does not show when printed.
    >
    > ie
    > <don't print> this text will be on screen but not printed out </don't
    > print>

    The idea itself makes sense, but it belongs to the realm of CSS, not
    HTML.

    For example, navigation menus are typically (worse than) useless in
    print copies, so they are best suppressed on printing, using e.g.

    <ul class="nav">
    </ul>

    in markup and

    @media print { .nav { display: none; } }

    in a style sheet.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 7, 2008

    On Mar 7, 6:01 pm, "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:
    > Scripsit :
    >
    > > Hi is there a function in html

    > No, there are no functions in HTML, which is a poor lonesame data
    > format.
    >
    > > that will show a object (text/images)
    > > on screen, but does not show when printed.

    > > ie
    > > <don't print> this text will be on screen but not printed out </don't
    > > print>

    > The idea itself makes sense, but it belongs to the realm of CSS, not
    > HTML.
    >
    > For example, navigation menus are typically (worse than) useless in
    > print copies, so they are best suppressed on printing, using e.g.
    >
    > <ul class="nav">
    > </ul>
    >
    > in markup and
    >
    > @media print { .nav { display: none; } }
    >
    > in a style sheet.
    >
    > --
    > Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    cheers for the help everyone, do you know if css can be used in
    outlook signatures then? (as we don't want to print off the bit that
    says 'please don't print this..save trees etc - the irony would be
    innappropriate)

    , Mar 10, 2008
  6. Scripsit :

    >> --
    >> Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    > cheers for the help everyone,

    Quoting a message down to a sig is a way of telling that you didn't
    understand it and won't bother either.

    > do you know if css can be used in
    > outlook signatures then?

    Nobody cares here. Check the newsgroup charter. Consider yourself
    plonked.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 10, 2008
  7. Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > Scripsit :
    >
    >>> --
    >>> Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    >> cheers for the help everyone,

    > Quoting a message down to a sig is a way of telling that you didn't
    > understand it and won't bother either.

    Do you make these truisms up as you go along or do they come to you in
    visions while you sleep?

    Harlan Messinger, Mar 10, 2008

    On Mar 10, 6:32 pm, "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:
    > Scripsit :
    >
    > >> --
    > >> Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    > > cheers for the help everyone,

    > Quoting a message down to a sig is a way of telling that you didn't
    > understand it and won't bother either.
    >
    > > do you know if css can be used in
    > > outlook signatures then?

    > Nobody cares here. Check the newsgroup charter. Consider yourself
    > plonked.
    >
    > --
    > Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    on closer inspection, let me rephrase, thanks for the help RF

    , Mar 17, 2008