Prevent menu or hyperlink clicks during postback

Guest

I have an ASP.NET (Framework v1.1) page that takes 10-20 seconds to load.
There are hyperlinks, drop-down menus, and buttons. When the user performs
an action, we want to prevent them from clicking on anything until the
postback is complete.

Is there a way to diasble to whole page during any postback?

Thank you,
Mark Lauser

Bruce Barker

you can with client script, but the user can still hit refresh, because it
takes to long. you should look at one of the progressbar solutions

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

How can I do this with client script? Do you have an example?

What takes too long? The script?

Can you point me to the progressbar solutions that you are referring to?

Thank you,
Mark