Prevent page from automatically being sent to browser?

Chris Ashley

I have a multithreaded ASPX page. I launch a thread in the Page_Load
event and this causes the page to continue execution to the end of the
Page_Load method where it then sends the output to the browser. What I
would like is for the page to only be sent to the browser when I
explicitly choose for it to be sent, so I can trigger an event from my
second thread to output the page. Is this possible?

Patrice

Your primary thread could just wait for the child thread to complete before
continuing...

Also not sure what you are trying to do but if 2.0 you have some built in
capabilities for async pages.

Else double check your scheme is really worth (I'm not sure what you are
trying to do but if the main thread must wait anyway most of the time....).