Prevent the URL access.

muthu

Hi,
I have a homepage.aspx and lot of other pages also.Some pages are pop
up pages which will get input from the user. now what happens is some
users try to enter the URL of the popups directly to the browser
window and tries to enter values.As he is logged in before, He able to
access the pages like that. what I want is to prevent all the pages
except the home page. if the user enters other urls it should simply
forward them to homw page.
Please help me

Jesse Houwing

* muthu wrote, On 30-7-2007 9:41:
Hi,
I have a homepage.aspx and lot of other pages also.Some pages are pop
up pages which will get input from the user. now what happens is some
users try to enter the URL of the popups directly to the browser
window and tries to enter values.As he is logged in before, He able to
access the pages like that. what I want is to prevent all the pages
except the home page. if the user enters other urls it should simply
forward them to homw page.
Please help me

There are a couple of things you can do:
1) Check if the correct parameters are passed to the page, if they are,
allow the user through. You can check these parameters in the
Page.OnInit method and either Response.Redirect/Server transfer the user
back to the homepage.

2) Check the Referrer of the page from the server variables. You can
check this variable in the Page.OnInit and either
Response.Redirect/Server transfer the user back to the homepage.

3) In javascript on the page, check if the Opener variable is set (in
that case it's a pop-up window). If its not, use Location.Replace(new
url) to send the user back to the homepage.

This isn't something you can easily configure if that was what you were
looking for.

Jesse