Prevent URL requested directly from browser

veera maria

Hello,

What is the best way to prevent user to request web application's
pages (or actions in Struts) from browser manually?

E.g. user is using web application and taking it's current url
to clipboard. Then user goes e.g. to Google for surfing for a while.
After surfing (s)he pastes web applications url back to browser's
address field.
Best technique in web applicaton to prevent this?

Vera

Bryce (Work)

Hello,

What is the best way to prevent user to request web application's
pages (or actions in Struts) from browser manually?

Put it in your WEB-INF directory.

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

Zwe said:
Do you put it into web-inf????

Yes, files put under the WEB-INF tree of the web application will not
be accessible directly from a browser. You then serve that content in
a controlled fashion using a RequestDispatcher.

Jeff

I don't use Struts, but I use a controller servlet
that processes URL's, decides what to do next depending
on the session state, and then dispatches a JSP. So the
user sees the URL to the controller servlet, but never
sees the URL for the JSP.