    How can we prevent users from guessing the name of the document and reach it
    by tying http://myserver/attachments/thisdocument.doc

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    JP SIngh, Apr 14, 2005

  2. JP SIngh

    Steven Burn Guest

    Stick them outside of the web root or password protect the folder......(the former is the best choice IMHO)

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Apr 14, 2005

  3. JP SIngh

    JP SIngh Guest

    But I still need to display the hyperlinks to the files when displaying
    relevant records.

    Essentially I only want them to me able to view the hyperlink from the page
    but not outside it.

    JP SIngh, Apr 14, 2005
  4. JP SIngh

    Mark Schupp Guest

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2276. this is for images but the same
    approach should work for any file.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Apr 14, 2005
  5. you use ADO to stream the files once a user is logged in.. that way the real
    location is unkown to the users

    search www.aspin.com for more info on streaming files

    applications like www.ASPProtect.com can also do it for you

    Kyle Peterson, Apr 15, 2005