    is there any way to prevent this?
    Thanks
    AJS

    AJS, Jun 16, 2004

  2. AJS

    Matt Kruse Guest

    AJS wrote:
    > 3. The link will open in my little window instead of a new window.
    > is there any way to prevent this?

    This isn't javascript-related, but if you are using IE then under
    Tools->Internet Options->Advanced there is an option for "Reuse windows for
    launching shortcuts".

    Uncheck that and see if it gives you the behaviour you want.

    If you are using a different browser, then I don't know :)

    --
    Matt Kruse
    Javascript Toolbox: http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/

    Matt Kruse, Jun 16, 2004

  3. AJS

    Evertjan. Guest

    Matt Kruse wrote on 16 jun 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > AJS wrote:
    >> 3. The link will open in my little window instead of a new window.
    >> is there any way to prevent this?

    > This isn't javascript-related, but if you are using IE then under
    > Tools->Internet Options->Advanced there is an option for "Reuse
    > windows for launching shortcuts".
    >
    > Uncheck that and see if it gives you the behaviour you want.
    >
    > If you are using a different browser, then I don't know :)

    If you do not want to reuse the main window:

    <base target="_blank">

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jun 16, 2004
  4. AJS

    Matt Kruse Guest

    Evertjan. wrote:
    > If you do not want to reuse the main window:
    > <base target="_blank">

    That won't work when opening windows from other applications, like email,
    because obviously the links in the email don't have a "target" attribute.

    Matt Kruse, Jun 16, 2004
  5. AJS

    Markus Ernst Guest

    "Matt Kruse" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Evertjan. wrote:
    > > If you do not want to reuse the main window:
    > > <base target="_blank">

    > That won't work when opening windows from other applications, like email,
    > because obviously the links in the email don't have a "target" attribute.

    Is your task to solve that problem for your own machine? Then the easiest
    way is just to open a blank window before you click a link in your mail or
    news application.

    If OTOH you want to solve it for your application, then I don't think there
    is another possibility than closing the small window as soon as it looses
    focus (<body onBlur="self.close()">). I am not even sure if the onBlur event
    works if another application gets focus (and not another browser window).

    HTH
    Markus

    Markus Ernst, Jun 17, 2004