Preventing Auto-Completion for CC text box

Guest

How would I disable IE auto completion on text boxes that receive credit card
information?

I'd like to continue using standard built-in TextBox server controls if
possible.

Kind regards

Ben

Wouter van Vugt

This is an Internet Explorer behavior. I do not think you can modify it
from inside ASP.NET. A standard TextBox control is rendered as:
<input type=text>. Maybe you can use some sort of Microsoft specific
HTML to do it, but I am not aware of it.

Grtz,

Wouter van Vugt
Trainer - Info Support
http://blogs.infosupport.com/wouterv

Bruce Barker

add the attribute autocomplete="off"

<input type=text autocomplete=off>

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Ben Fidge

TextBox server control doesn't have an AutoComplete property though.

I really would like to avoid using HTML controls if possible.

Thanks

Ben

Wouter van Vugt

The TextBox doesn't need an AutoComplete property. When it is not
present it will be added as an
attribute in the HTML none-the-less.

Grtz, Wouter van Vugt